Buying a practice? What should you look for? What pitfalls should you avoid, and how should you go about this process? Mark and Howie explain.
- What does the local market look like?
- What is your doctor:patient ratio?
- Is there a reason the practice is being sold?
- Criteria for moving
- Where to get demographic data
- Finding the top dental markets nearby
- The “near me” mistake
- What are you REALLY paying for?
- Goodwill and patient base
- What’s REALLY an active patient?
- What was the previous doctor doing for the last 5-8 years
- What does the team look like?
- Avoiding the “hostage situation”